In this guide check out how to update Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 Android 4.4 Kitkat CyanogenMod 11 based custom ROM.
Samsung Galaxy Mini is one of the famous Samsung handset released three years ago. This device first came up with Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS and further update to 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich was not in schedule by Samsung but developers have blessed this smartphone with various Custom ROMs. Here comes another blessing in the form Android 4.4 Kitkat.
So when were are talking about Galaxy Mini S5570 Android 4.4 Kitkat update its generally mean the custom firmware update and it has been developed by CyanogenMod team.
- SD Card
- Tethering (USB and Wi-Fi)
Samsung Galaxy Mini Android 4.4 Kitkat Update Process
Follow the process mentioned here –
- Download CM 11 build for Galaxy Mini.
- Download Google Apps package as well.
- Copy both the files to your external memory card.
- Boot Galaxy Mini in Recovery mode by pressing Volume Up + Home + Power button together at once.
- In CWM Recovery use Volume Rocker keys and Power key for selection.
- Perform Nandroid backup on your device through the right options.
- Now Wipe Data/Factory Reset, then select Wipe Cache Partition and wipe all the data in your phone memory.
- Now choose Install Zip from SD card and then select Chooze ZIP from SD card.
- Once the installation is done select ++++Go Back++++ back to CWM Recovery Menu.
- Now Select Reboot System Now to restart your device.
With that we have updated your device to Android 4.4 Kitkat firmware.