Preparing Your Phone
- This guide only works for Galaxy Nexus phone manufactured by Samsung with model number as I9205.
- You should have CWM Recovery installed on your device.
- Backup data on your device.
- USB Debugging should be enabled on your device.
Google Apps: Link
Galaxy Nexus Android Lollipop
Follow the process mentioned below –
- Connect your phone to PC and transfer the both zip files to your SD card storage.
- Disconnect the cable and turn off your phone.
- Boot Galaxy Nexus in Bootloader mode. Press and hold the Volume Down button + Power button until you see pretty animation on your device.
- Backup data using the Recovery mode.
- From the Main Screen you should ‘Advance’ and then choose ‘Wipe Dalvik Cache’ and then select ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’.
- Come back to the main menu and then select ‘Install Zip from SD card’.
- Now select ‘Choose Zip from SD card’ from the options listed there.
- Select the ROM file and confirm the installation.
- Go back and flash the Google Apps on your device.
- Now hit ++++Go Back++++ and then select Reboot Now.
So with that you have updated your Galaxy Nexus phone with the latest Android 5.0 software.