Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 has surprised us with unexpected Android 4.4 Kitkat update. When launched, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 was running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and during the launch, company stated that Kitkat update will be arriving soon but no ETA was given.
Samsung has not provided any change-log details about this update but people are reporting changes in graphical user interface and inclusion of latest features as found on any Android 4.4 Kitkat update.
The software isn’t that small as it contains bulky size of more than 550 MB.
How to Update
To get this update on your device, you should follow these instructions –
- Before actually proceeding to update your device, you should ensure to charge your phone to atleast 50% battery life and also backup of data in necessary.
- Now on your device go to Settings and then tap on About Phone.
- Now hit System Update and then Check Now.
- Ensure that you are connected to WiFi only because on 4G/3G or 2G it will take much time and incur cost to you.
- You will be prompted to download that 550 MB file and once download you need to tap on Install button.
- Your phone will be restarted after you hit the Install button and again it will be restarted to boot your device on Android 4.4 Kitkat.
Via: Android Central