Galaxy Note 4 Download Mode
Just like other Samsung Galaxy phones, Note 4 is equipped with Download Mode which allows custom work like flash ROMs and even flash with stock firmware files. Many times this is used to push the latest software update to Galaxy Note 4. So before you enter your device in Download Mode, it’s recommended that you should charge your device to full battery life and should take backup of your device data if you are rooting or upgrading to a custom firmware.
So when you are ready follow this process –
- Power off your Galaxy Note 4 completely.
- Press and hold the Volume Down button, Home button and the Power button all at same time. If the device boots normally, means that you have not pressed all the buttons together.
- Now press the Volume Up button to confirm that you want to get into Download Mode.
- Your Note 4 display will be showing a Green robot with text displayed as ‘Downloading…Do not turn off target’.
- So that’s it. It’s time for you to now connect your device to PC using USB cable and then launch Odin on your PC.
Please note that, for booting Galaxy Note 4 in Download Mode and to achieve the task mentioned above, you should have Odin software installed on your computer.
Compatibility: Unlocked handset, carrier variants of AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, US Cellular, Telus, Bell.