Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Jelly Bean update is finally out and it can be applied to your 8 inch tablet as well. This first official update fixes most of the bugs that are found on the stock version like app crashes and heating issues as complained by some of the users. Along with this bug fix there are minor user interface changes as well. So when you have these advantages, it’s good enough to update your device since it’s an official update. This update is been pushed to select countries worldwide and if you haven’t got this update, you can manually apply it on your device as well. This update process is for both model of Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 & N5110 although we will have separated firmware files in the process.
Here in this guide we have provided step by step tutorial on how you can update Galaxy Note 8.0 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware but before going through procedure there are some pre-requisites which you should following for safe upgrade process.
- All the date on your Galaxy Note 8.0 should be backed up as this update will wipe out all the date present on your tablet. Use any process that you follow usually.
- You should enabled USB debugging on your tablet. This can be done on Galaxy Note 8.0 by going through Menu > Settings > Developer Options and ensure that USB debugging is ticked.
- If you are on custom firmware and rooted your device, with this update root access will be revoked.
- You should have enough battery life left on your device. We generally advise users to charge their device up to 100 % and then proceed with this update.
- As a safe move, remove any external SD card found on your device.
- Also make sure that proper USB Drivers are installed on your PC for Galaxy Note 8.0.
Note: All the firmware are respective of their developers. We have just provided here the update instructions. Users should proceed at their own risk, however if you follow the procedure correctly nothing will happen to your device.
Galaxy Note 8.0 Jelly Bean Update Procedure
Follow the step mentioned here carefully to update your device –
- Download the XXBMC9 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware for Note 8.0 5100 or XXBMC9 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware for Note 8.0 5110.
- You also need to download Odin ZIP file as well.
- You need to extract both the files on to your PC. Open and install Odin flashing tool on your PC and keep it open.
- Now turn off your Galaxy Note 8.0 device so that it can be entered in Download Mode. Once can get it by holding the Volume Down Key + Menu Button and holding these two together press Power button at the same time for few seconds.
- You will see a green robot with Downloading… written, you can release the combination of buttons used earlier.
- It’s time to connect your Note 8.0 using the USB cable to PC. Once you are connected you will see that ID:COM Port turns yellow which means all the drivers are loaded perfectly and you are ready to advance next step.
- Make sure that you have select F. Reset Time & Auto Reboot among the options.
- Click on PDA and select the tar file found inside the file you have downloaded in Step 1.
- Once that is done click on Start button to proceed with firmware update.
- The process of update shouldn’t take not more than 5 minutes.
- Once it’s done your phone will be automatically restarted and it will take a while for your device to boot up as it’s a new firmware.
You have successfully update your Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet. Confirm it by going through Settings > About Tablet where you will find Android version as 4.1.2 and XXMBC9 will be the firmware version. Do let us know if you have faced any issue while updating.