The 2011 release Samsung Galaxy S Plus Lollipop update is now available, nothing to surprise as this is not the official release by Samsung. This Samsung Galaxy first generation device remains hot favorite beside Galaxy S, S2 and Note phones.
Galaxy S Plus Lollipop Build
Galaxy S Plus was first shipped with Android 2.3 and ever since then it was updated to latest versions but the Korean giant pulled it off from its Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update. Credit to various developers that they have constantly come up with custom Android custom ROM whenever there is a new Android version available. Obviously this is a custom firmware based on the Android 5.0 release by CyanogenMod 12.0.
Following works with Lollipop update for Galaxy S Plus -
- Receiving and making calls
- Hardware sensors (Light, Orientation, Compass, Proximity, Acceleration)
- Legacy/Virtual sensors (Gravity, Linear acceleration, Rotation vector)
- USB mass storage
- VoIP video calls
- USB/WiFi tethering
- USB OTG
- Power Off animation
- Camera UI lags
- Camera app force closes
- Some Cyanogen App force closes
- TWRP recovery that includes new partition assignments: [DevHost Mirror] [MediaFire Mirror]
- Android 5.0 Gapps: [BasketBuild Mirror]
- CM 12.0 20141212 Alpha 1: [DevHost Mirror] [MediaFire Mirror]
Galaxy S Plus Lollipop Update
Follow the process mentioned below -
- Download the GApps and Galaxy S Plus Lollipop build from the above mentioned links.
- Boot your device in the TWRP Recovery
- Make sure to perform Nandroid backup.
- Wipe data on your device by going through Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select Data.
- Also Wipe Dalvik Cache by going through Wipe > Advance option.
- Come back to recovery and install the ROM package.
- Also install the GApps package
- Reboot your phone
- Wait for few minutes
Within few minutes your device will configure for Android 5.0 first run. Enjoy the Lollipop on your Galaxy S Plus GT-I9001 phone.