The Omni 5.0 is based on the Android 5.0 Lollipop and since it’s a free to use, modify community, we see that developers have introduced Android Lollipop for Galaxy S2 smartphone. In this process we will be guiding you on how to update the Samsung Galaxy S2 Android Lollipop 5.0 firmware with the Omni ROM.
Definitely it’s quite a surprise as officially there is no Lollipop update schedule by Samsung for Galaxy S2 smartphone but thanks to Android developers that they have come up with various custom ROM with which your SGS2 can breathe-in a new life.
Please ensure that this process only works for Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G and you should backup data on your phone.
Galaxy S2 Lollipop Update Process
Follow the process mentioned below –
- Download GApps and the Omni ROM Zip file
- Copy GApps and the OmniROM zip to your internal SDCard.
- Make sure you’re running a proper and working custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Flash OmniROM zip from internal SDCard.
- Flash GApps zip from internal SDCard (Optional).
- Do a DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot).
- Reboot your phone.