Checkout how to update Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow via CyanogenMod 13 Custom ROM.
Official CyanogenMod CM13 custom ROM is now available for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. This official CM13 custom ROM will update the device to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. This ROM will give the full experience of Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100.
To flash this ROM successfully on your Galaxy S2 you need to root the device first and install custom recovery like TWRP or CWM on it. You can also try other custom recoveries which are compatible for your device. Once you root the device your device warranty will void.
This ROM will give access to many advanced features that can not be accessed in official firmware by Google. So, the users who own Samsung Galaxy S2 can flash this ROM and experience the taste of Marshmallow on your device. This is the only way you will get the Android Marshmallow running on Samsung Galaxy S2. As there is no official update plans from the manufacturer or Google.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are meant for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 only, do not try it on other devices.
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%
- Install Galaxy S2 drivers on your PC.
- Back up all the necessary data to external storage restore it later.
- Make a Nandroid back up of the current ROM.
- Device should be rooted and it's bootloader must be unlocked.
- Custom Recovery like TWRP should be installed on the device.
- Enable USB debugging mode. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Download and Update Galaxy S2 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Download the Android 6.0 Marshmallow based CM13 custom ROM from here.
- Download the Google App's for Android Marhsmallow from here.
- Transfer the files to device storage and turn it off.
- Disconnect the device and turn it off completely.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Down + Power key for few seconds.
- When in recovery mode tap on Wipe tab and select all the options given under it.
- Now, confirm the wipe action by swiping the button at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, return to main menu and tap on Install tab.
- Locate the ROM file stored on you device and select it.
- Swipe the button at the bottom to flash the ROM file on your device.
- In the same way flash the Google App's on your device (step 8-10).
- Return to main menu and tap on Reboot.
- System will now reboot in normal mode.
That's all, device is now updated to the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow, you can check the Android version in Settings > About Device > Android version.