In this guide check out how to update Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Android 4.4 Kitkat custom Firmware manually.
When it comes to Android 4.4 Kitkat firmware update, it’s clear that Galaxy S2 Skyrocket is not included in the list of Samsung 4.4 Kitkat update schedule. Galaxy S2 AT&T users should depend on custom firmware if available and guess you are lucky to have this update available for you.
The SlimKat custom ROM is now available for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-i727 phone and due in this guide we go through the complete process on how you can update your device with the same. The CM 11 4.4 custom ROM is already in development.
Preparing Your Phone
- Your Galaxy S2 SGH-i727 should be rooted.
- USB debugging should be enabled on your device.
- Also ensure to charge your phone to 100% battery life.
- Also ensure to take backup of your device first.
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket 4.4 Kitkat update Process
Follow the instruction mentioned below -
- First download Download Android 4.4 SlimKat ROM to your phone directly by visiting TechnosAmigos.com on your phone browser. Alternatively process also does this job.
- Turn off your device first.
- You need to boot Galaxy S2 Skyrocket in Recovery mode. Press the Volume UP + Home + Power button together at once.
- The Recovery Mode here is CWM Recovery.
- Once you are through the CWM Recovery Mode, go to “wipe data/factory reset” and also do “wipe cache partition”.
- Also go to Advanced and clear off the “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Come back to Recovery mode menu and select “install zip from SD card” and then “choose zip from sdcard”.
- Making use of Volume rocker keys select the Android 4.4 ROM.zip file.
- Then go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and hit “reboot system now”.
That’s it. That completes the process of updating your Galaxy S2 AT&T bound with Android 4.4 Kitkat firmware.