For Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 Android 4.2.2 XXUAMDL is the stock firmware and this stock software version can be downloaded separately using the Odin flashing tool. Why to take the backup of stock firmware? If you have messed up with the custom firmware with your Galaxy S4, then Stock firmware can be applied to your device.
Here in this guide we go through procedure on how you can update your Galaxy S4 International version device with the stock Android 4.2.2 firmware.
Disclaimer: All the custom firmwares, tools and others mentioned in this article are owned and copyright of the owners/developers. We at TechnosAmigos.com shouldn’t be held responsible for any damage done to your device but we ensure that if you follow the steps mentioned here correctly then everything will go fine.
Preparing your Device
Before updating your device to stock Android 4.2.2 firmware, you should ensure the following precautionary measures –
- You should have proper USB drivers installed on your phone so that your phone should be connected to PC without any issues.
- Make use of Super Backup tool to back messages, contact, call logs and other Google data. Once backed up and desired stock version is installed, install Super Backup app and import the data.
- You should ensure that you have more than 70 % battery life left on your device.
- You should also ensure that USB debugging is enabled on your device. Go to Settings > Developer Options and ensure that USB debugging is ticked.
- This process applies on to Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 and it shouldn’t be applied to any other phones.
Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware Update
Once that followed the above mentioned precautions, you are now ready to update your device to stock firmware –
- Download Android 4.2.2 I9500XXUAMDL for Galaxy S4 on to your PC and then extract the zip files. You will find file with CODE, MODEM, CSC file name in it.
- Also downloaded the ODIN v3.07 which is the flashing tool used only for Samsung powered devices, also works for Galaxy S4 as well. Install Odin on your PC and keep it open.
- Done with step 1 and Step 2, switch off your phone completely as you need to get it in Download Mode.
- Once can enter Galaxy S4 in download mode by pressing the volume key combination of Volume Down + Home button together and holding them press Power button. If your phone boots in normal mode, retry again and again.
- Download mode is confirmed if you see Android robot within a triangle. Press Power button to confirm download mode.
- Now connect your phone using the USB cable to PC and once its successfully connected, you will see ID:COM port in Odin tool turned yellow.
- It’s the time to select the respective files as downloaded earlier.
- In the Odin tool check for Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are ticked.
- Now click on Start button in the Odin tool to start the firmware update procedure.
- Once the installation is completed, your phone will be rebooted automatically. After the home screen is visible unplug the USB Cable using the Safe Removal.
That’s how we have updated your Samsung Galaxy S4 with official build Android 4.2.2 XXUAMDL stock firmware.