Android Marshmallow is released into the Market it has been nearly one month but it not available for all the Android devices which supports Android Marshmallow. Efforts have been made by XDA developers to bring the updates to those devices which did not get the update till the date.
Android Marshmallow come loaded with many improvised and good features like performance based optimizations, battery optimizations, Smooth experience, Doze mode gives you longer standby time, and many other tweaks.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE which was launched long back, it was originally running on Android 4.2.2 Kitkat version and then it got the official update for Android 5.0 Lollipop and now by the hard work of the XDA developers, this device can be updated to Android Marshmallow with AOSP based ROM. This ROM source is released by Google itself. So, you will get the same experience of Android Marshmallow as official update.
Preparing your Phone
- Phone should be fully charged.
- Device should be rooted and its bootloader must be unlocked.
- Custom Recovery like TWRP must be installed on the device.
- Backup all important data and make a Nandroid back up of the ROM.
- USB drivers for the device should be installed on the PC.
- USB debugging mode should be enabled on the device, to enable go to Settings > Developer Options > USB debugging mode.
- ROM: aosp-6.0.0-latest-chagalllte.zip (md5sum)
- GApps: GApps for Marshmallow
- SuperSU: SuperSu 2.50 Beta
Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE Android Marshmallow Update Instructions
Follow the instructions here on how to get Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE -
- Download all the files mentioned above from the links given.
- Transfer the files to the device internal storage or external storage where it can be accessed easily.
- Reboot the device into Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power key for few seconds.
- In the recovery menu select Wipe option and choose Wipe data/Factory reset, System, Cache, Dalvik Cache. and wipe them.
- Return to main menu and select Install option from the menu and navigate to the ROM file and select it and swipe the screen to install.
- In the same manner install the Gapps and SuperSu files one after other.
- Reboot your device now by selecting Reboot option from the Recovery menu.
- Your device now updated with root access on it.
To check the status of the Android version go to Settings > About device.
To Check the status of the Root access download the Root checker app from the play store.