While Sony promised Kitkat update to their 2014 launched budget and high-end smartphones, the update is now living to Xperia M2 and Xperia M2 Dual smartphone. Earlier this month the update was available for E1 and E1 Dual smartphone earlier this month.
The update is available via Over the Air download and update includes lot many features like compatibility with Sony SmartWear, SmartBand SWR10 and Lifelog apps.
Features & Improvements
This update includes the following improvements –
- Standard Android Kitkat 4.4 features in performance and UI optimization departments
- Tweaks in Status Bar and Quick Settings
- Easy to move apps from Internal memory to SD card
- Compatible with SmartWear, SmartBand SWR10 and Lifelog apps
- Xperia themes supports with downloadable UI packs
- Sony entire native app portfolio updated to latest versions
To get this Android 4.4 Kitkat on your phone, you should go to Settings > About Phone > Software Update and then hit Check Now. Before doing that you should enable WiFi or data connection on your phone. You should also ensure that you have 50 % battery life left on your device.