CyanogenMod releases another Custom ROM this time for Sony Xperia Z2. This Xperia Z2 Marshmallow Custom ROM is in initial stage of development so it might have some bugs. But the further updates will make the ROM stable to use for daily basis, for now it is not advisable to use this ROM for daily basis, it’s just for experiencing how the Marshmallow comes for Sony Xperia Z2.
Sony Xperia Z2 Marshmallow Update
So, if you are looking forward for installing this ROM then you can follow the steps mentioned below and flash the ROM.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are only for Sony Xperia Z2.
- Device battery should be fully charged up to 100%.
- Install Sony Xperia Z2 USB drivers on your PC if not done already.
- Backup all important data as you will lose it during factory reset.
- Make nandroid backup for the current ROM in recovery.
- Device should be rooted and its bootloader must be unlocked.
- Custom recovery like TWRP or CWM must be installed on the device.
- Enable USB debugging mode. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Install AOSP Marshmallow custom ROM on Sony Xperia Z2
- Download the boot.img file (sirius image) and flash it Via fastboot.
- Turn off the device and reboot it into recovery mode (Power on the device, when LED turns Purple press and hold Volume Up and Volume Down at same time for few seconds)
- Select factory reset option and format the system.
- Download the AOSP Marshmallow custom ROM from here.
- Now, flash SYSTEM.img and BOOT.img files through Fastboot.
- Now, again flash the sirius image (boot.img file) through fastboot.
- Reboot the device into Recovery as said in step 2.
- Download Google Apps file from here.
- Flash both Google Apps files.
- Once again flash the boot.img file from ROM.
- Now, finally reboot the device.
You can check the Android version in Settings > About device > Android version.
Thank you for reading the article.