Are you eager to install the custom firmware on your Xperia Z2 phone? If yes, you must know that your device should be rooted first. To help you with the same we have come up with Sony Xperia Z2 root guide, and gain root access. Please make sure that this guide will work for Xperia Z2 with model number as D6503 and this is not valid for carrier lock variant like those of AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon and Sprint.
Before proceeding with the Sony Xperia Z2 D6503 root access, you should go through following requirements –
- Charge your battery to atleast 50% battery life. If you have fully charged device then it’s a big advantage.
- Back your devices important data such as WhatsApp files and images.
- You should have USB debugging enabled on your device. You can do it by going through Settings > Developer Options and USB Debugging.
- Finally we would be held no responsibility in any manner with this guide.
Root Sony Xperia Z2 Phone
- Download Rooting Package to your PC.
- Now connect your Xperia Z2 phone using the original USB cable and then place the ZIP file on your device Storage.
- Disconnect the device and turn of your device so that you can enter it in Recovery Mode.
- Sony Xperia Z2 can be booted in Recovery Mode by pressing the Power ON button, Volume Down and Volume UP button altogether at once.
- Under Recovery Mode Menu select “Install zip from SD card” using the Volume UP/Down button for selection and Power button to select the highlighted option.
- Select the Super SU file that you downloaded and moved to your device in Step 1.
- It will take 4-5 minutes to apply the rooting access.
- Once that is done, hit “Go Back” and then choose “Reboot in Normal Mode” from the Recovery Menu.
Also Read – Xperia Z2 Launcher
Following the above guide root access on Xperia Z2 phone is enabled. You can download Root Checker app to verify the same.