The Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone on Sprint is now seeing a minor update. This is currently available for Sprint S7 users only.
The update is of around 144 MB and rolling out via Over the Air update. You can also download it by connecting your device to Samsung PC Suite.
Improvement Included in the Update
The following is the official change log –
- Notification of unstable applications
- Automatic deletion of unnecessary cache files
- Optimized closing unused applications
- Improved performance with efficient memory management
- Battery usage optimization
- WiFi calling enhancements
- Secure Startup Settings added
- Improved stability
- Security Enhancements
How to Update
If you are on Sprint network and owe Galaxy S7 then you will receive this update notification on your device. Just follow the on-screen process to install. First the updates will be downloaded and then it will be installed. Your phone will be rebooted and apps will be optimized with the new update.
Note: Once you update your device with this firmware, you will not be able to downgrade to older Android version due to security policy updates. So keep that in mind and proceed.
Screenshot provided by Theodoricofyork Jen G.