HTC First is the first Facebook Android phone. It’s basically a mid-range smartphone sporting Facebook Home and you will be happy to learn that Facebook Home as a launcher is now officially available for any Android smartphone. HTC Facebook Phone was long rumored and finally it’s available in many countries worldwide.
Since this HTC First is an Android smartphone you might like to have custom firmware, tweaks and other hacks on your device. As this HTC First is manufactured by HTC Corporation, you first need to unlock bootloader on your device. As you know that unlocking the bootloader will remove limitations of your HTC phone and you can take complete gain over your device admin files and others. Unlocking bootloader on the other side will void warranty of your device although these steps are provided by HTC Developer Center officially. So if you can afford this loss, we have posted here tutorial on how you can unlock bootloader on your HTC First device.
This guide will show you how you can unlock HTC First bootloader. But before proceeding with actual steps, here is basic steps you follow –
- You should ensure that you have enough battery life left on your device, atleast 50 %.
- Also ensure that perfect USB drivers are installed on your PC for successfully connecting HTC First phone.
- Take back on your device. This is very essential step as it will wipe out any data present on your phone.
Disclaimer: Please proceed to below mentioned instructions at your own risk, TechnosAmigos will not be held responsible for data lost or any damage to your device by following the below mentioned guide.
Unlock Bootloaders HTC First Instructions
Follow the instructions mentioned here to unlock bootloaders -
- Download fastboot package to your PC.
- Unzip the downloaded file into C Drive.
- Head to HTC Dev Bootloader page.
- Login if you have an account or register for free using the Register button.
- Once you are logged in the HTC Dev site, open unlock bootloader page here.
- There you will find the drop down menu showing all the supported smartphone models. Select HTC First and then click on “Begin Unlock Bootloader” page.
- You will get warning, read it carefully and then tap on Yes to proceed further.
- Your phone is still not connected to your phone. So make sure you turn it off and then reboot it bootloader mode by holding the volume down + volume up and power button altogether at once. Using the volume rockers keys now select the fastboot menu using the power button.
- Once you are in the fastboot mode, you need to plug in your phone using the USB cable to PC.
- Now back on to HTC Dev site where you have to move further by clicking on “Proceed to Step 5” button.
- Keep this page open and now go to fastboot folder which you have moved to C Drive in step 2.
- Open command prompt by going through Start Menu > Program > Accessories.
- Enter the following commands
- Now by typing the second command, it will generate the serial number of the phone.
- Now on the HTC developer site, click on “Proceed to Step 8” to open the next page.
- Now then following everything on that page, click on Submit button.
- Finally you will find “token submitted successfully” message on the next page and send your unlock key through email.
- Log in to your email account and you will see a mail from HTC team with downloadable “Unlock_code.bin” file attached in the mail itself.
- Once downloaded, past this “Unlock_code.bin” folder in to the Fastbookt folder under C Drive.
- Now finally type the following under command prompt.
fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
- This will send you unlock bootloader request on your phone, use volume keys to navigate and power button to confirm selected option.
- Your phone will reboot automatically.
- Unplug your phone from PC and you are done.
Also Read - HTC BlinkFeed APK Download
So finally HTC First is now with unlock bootloaders. It’s littler hard with dozens of steps to follow but once you do that you will be able to root and install custom firmware on your phone. How will you know your HTC First phone is unlocked? You can confirm what you have done by turning off your device then reboot your device in bootloader by holding the volume down and UP button and power button as well.
If you experience any issues do leave a comment below.