Google has released a new version of the Nexus 5 as the all new Nexus 5X which runs on all new Android 6.0 Marshmallow is announced with very good features.
Root Nexus 5X
Android developers have already unlocked the bootloader to root the device and install TWRP. They have got success in the process. So, if your are also a Nexus 5X user and are anxious to try out some custom stuff on your device all you have to do is Root your device.
To root your Nexus 5X you have to unlock the bootloader and also install a custom recovery tool like TWRP in the device and to do so you have to follow some simple steps mentioned bellow.
Preparing Your Phone
- Ensure that your Nexus 5X phone is fully charged.
- USB drivers and ADB & Fastboot drivers for the device must be installed on your PC.
- You should have a working USB cable.
- Backup important data from the phone to retrieve it in case of necessity.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your phone. To do so, go to Settings > About Device > tap build number for 7 times. Now go back and open Developer Options > Tick USB debugging mode.
- Turn on “Enable OEM Unlock” under developer options.
Unlock Nexus 5X Bootloader
- Reboot the phone by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power Key.
- Connect your phone to PC.
- Now open ADB & Fastboot.exe from your desktop. If not go to your Windows installation drive i.e. C drive > Program Files > ADB & Fastboot > Open py_cmd.exe file in order to open the command window.
- Now in the command window enter the following commands one by one.
fastboot oem unlock
- Disconnect the device as the process completes.
Install TWRP Recovery on Nexus 5X
Follow the process mentioned below to install TWRP recovery –
- Download boot.img and TWRP Recovery.img file rename the recovery file to “recovery.img“.
- Copy the boot.img and recovery.img file to Minimal ADB & Fastboot folder.
- Now reboot your Nexus 5X into fastboot mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power Key.
- Connect your Nexus 5X to your PC now.
- Open ADB & Fastboot.exe or py_cmd.exe.
- Enter following commands in the command window:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Procedure to Root Nexus 5X:
- Download SuperSu v2.52.zip file and copy it to your phone’s SD card.
- Reboot into TWRP recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power key.
- Select Install and choose SuperSu.zip file then swipe to begin flashing
- Reboot your phone as the process completes.
- Verify root access using Root Checker app from play store.
You can now enjoy the root feature on your LG Nexus 5X phone.