Unlocking device Bootloader will give access to root your device, flash it with custom ROMs and recoveries. But this feature is locked when you buy your device as it helps in preventing the device from installing third-party ROMs and Recoveries which can damage your device.
So, to avoid this damage generally manufactures do not keep this feature unlocked. But there are possibilities that you can unlock the bootloader at your own risk.
To unlock the bootloader on your HTC One A9 device you can follow the below mentioned steps.
Procedure to unlock Bootloader
- Download and install HTC One A9 USB drivers on your PC if you do not have it already.
- Visit HTC Dev official page and register your self for new account.
- Activate your account through activation link sent to your registered E-mail id.
- Now. go back to HTC Dev official page and login your self.
- Now, open Unlock Bootloader page.
- Select your device from the drop down list under supported devices on right side.
- Now, Click on green button that says Begin Unlock Bootloader.
- A pop message will be shown asking for confirmation to continue, click on Yes button to continue.
- Another pop message for terms and condition will be shown, accept the terms (Tick both boxes) and click on Proceed to unlock instruction.
- On next page steps to enter bootloader mode on your device will be shown follow it (Reboot the device by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power key).
- Press Power button once in bootloader mode you will enter in Fastboot mode.
- Now connect your device with PC.
- Download and Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot tools on computer.
- After completing installation launch Minimal ADB and Fastboot tools.
- A command window will be opened.
- Type the following command and press enter
fastboot oem get_identifier_token
- Identifier token for HTC One A9 will be shown, now in cmd window right-click mouse button and select Mark from the options shown.
- Select the whole token and left-click the mouse button to copy.
- Minimize cmd window and go to HTC dev official website again.
- Paste the identifier token and click on submit button at the bottom.
- An E-mail from HTC will be sent to registered id with attached Unlock code.bin file.
- Download the file and copy it to ADB and Fastboot folder on your PC created in step 13.
- Now return back to CMD window and give another command
fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
- Device will automatically restart once the process is completed.
Now your device bootloader will be unlocked. Thank you for reading the article.