Most smartphones comes with bootloader locked which does not give you access to many custom features. Many manufacturers have their bootloaders locked to maintain device safety. Even though its locked there is a possibility that you can unlock the bootloaders manually.
Unlocking boot loader gives you access to installing custom recovery, flashing custom ROMs, flashing Gapps, and many other custom features.
Preparing Your Phone
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%.
- Backup all the important data to some external storage.
- USB drivers for device should be installed on the PC.
- ADB and Fastboot drivers must be installed on PC (Mac and Linux).
- Allow OEM unlock on the device under developer options.
- USB debugging mode should be enabled on the device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Unlock BootLoader on LG V10 Phone
Follow the process mentioned below to unlock bootloaders on LG V10 smartphone –
- Turn off the device and reboot it into fastboot mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power key.
- Connect the phone to PC when fastboot screen is displayed on phone.
- Choose fastboot option or give following command to boot into bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Open command prompt in PC in fastboot folder to do this hold Shift key and Right-Click then select Open command prompt here from the options displayed.
- Now to check the device connected give following command:
- To unlock bootloader give command, click on yes if prompted in phone:
fastboot oem unlock
- To reboot the device give command:
- You can also reboot directly.
That is it your device boot loader is now unlocked. You can see an unlock symbol when rebooting the device.