The Motorola has come up with 2nd generation of Moto E smartphone last month and it's the newest addition to Moto lineup. This guide is on how to unlock Moto E 2015 bootloaders easily.
Preparing Your Phone
- From your phone go to Settings > Developer Options and then select Allow OEM Unlock.
- Back of your phone data is essential.
- Your phone should have atleast 50% battery life left.
- Install the latest Motorola USB Drivers on your desktop.
- Download Minimal ADB and Fastboot or Android SDK.
Unlock Moto E 2015 Bootloaders
Follow the instructions mentioned below -
- Run your device in the fast boot mode. For that first turn off your device and then press the Power and Volume Down button.
- Connect your Moto E 2015 to PC using the USB cable.
- On your PC go to Android SDK folder and open command prompt window there[Hold Shift key and then right click and press open command window here].
- Type the following in command prompt
fast boot OEM get_unlock_data
- Now on your PC strings will be generated. Copy the string from CMD without any spaces and it should look like “0A40040192024205#4C4D355631323030373731363031303332323239#BD008A672BA4746C2CE02328A2AC"
- Go to Motorola unlock bootloader page and Sign with your choice of Google+ or Motorola ID.
- Scroll down to the page and paste the copied strings in the field at step #6. Click on 'Can my device be unlocked?'.
- After this "Request Unlock key" button will appear at the bottom of the page.
- To get unlock key select 'I Agree' in the options.
- You will receive an email with your Unlock Key at the email specified.
- Copy the 20 character key that was received in the email.
- Come back to the CMD and type
fast boot devices
- Now type
fast boot OEM unlock UNIQUE_KEY
- Wait for a while for the process to get completed
In the above replace UNIQUE_KEY with unlock code that was sent your email ID.