OnePlus X is new device released by manufacturers which has many high-end features and specifications. This device has iPhone like design and looks.
Now, that the device is available the very first step for Android enthusiasts will be to unlock bootloader which will give them access to other features like Root, installing custom ROMs, flashing SuperSU and many more.
Now, if you are one among such Android enthusiasts who wants to unlock their device bootloader, all you need to do is follow below mentioned steps.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are only for OnePlus X phone.
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%.
- Back up all important data to external storage to restore it when required.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on PC.
- Install USB drivers for OnePlus X on your PC.
- Go to Settings > Developer options > Allow Oem unlock.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Procedure to Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus X
- Download and Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on PC if not done already from above links.
- Accept Always allow from this computer when you plug-in the device for first time to enable USB Debugging.
- Unplug the device and turn it off.
- Now, boot up the device into Bootloader mode or Fastboot mode (Press and Hold Volume Down + Power key for 5-6 seconds).
- Now, connect the device to computer.
- Launch command window or terminal window (Mac PC), hold Shift key and right-click mouse button and select Open Command Window here.
- To check if the fastboot is working correctly give the following command:
- To unlock Bootloader give the following command (tap Yes on mobile if prompted):
fastboot oem unlock
- Bootloader is now unlocked so reboot your device normally.
You will get an Unlock symbol during device reboot this means that you have successfully unlocked bootloader.
Thank you for reading the article.