Here is the article for unlocking the bootloader of Lenovo ZUK Z1. So, users who likes to install custom packages and flash mod file must unlock the device bootloader in order to do so.
In this tutorial we will guide you on how to unlock you Lenovo ZUK Z1 bootloader so that you can have additional features on your device by gaining root access on it.
But make sure that manufacturers do not have their bootloader unlocked for a reason. Bootloaders are locked as it provides security to the device. If you unlock the bootloader and install custom files it may harm the device.
So, if you are aware of how to use the device after unlocking the bootloaders then you can go ahead and follow the steps mentioned below.
Preparing your phone
- This instructions are only for Lenovo ZUK Z1 device, do not try it on other devices.
- Back up the required data to external source.
- Make Nandroid back up or ROM to restore it in case of and system malfunction.
- Install device USB drivers on PC.
- Set up ADB and Fastboot drivers on PC.
- Allow OEM unlock under developer options in settings.
- Enable USB debugging mode. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Procedure to Unlock Bootloader
- Set up ADB and Fastboot on the PC and also accept always allow from this computer when you plug-in the device for first time.
- Connect the device to PC and accept the RSA authentication prompt.
- Now open command prompt on the PC. Click on empty space hold Shift key and right-click mouse and select Open command prompt here.
- To verify the device connectivity issue the command
- To boot into bootloader mode or fastboot mode issue the command
adb reboot bootloader
As ZUK Z1 is not recognised as fastboot device you need to specify OEM id 0x2b4c meaning all the fastboot command must be suffixed with following code
To unlock the bootloader issue the following command
fastboot -i 0x2b4c oem get-device-info
To reboot the device issue the command
You can also reboot the device normally.
That’s it! Your device bootloaders are now unlocked, you can flash mod files and install custom packages.
Thank you for reading the article and do subscribe to our YouTube channel.