If you have rooted your device earlier and now you are disappointed or getting irritated with Root access and if you wants to Un-root your device now then you are in the right place.
In this guide we will tell you how to Un-root your Moto X Play phone. Un-rooting is nothing but restoring your Stock firmware which you got along with your device when you purchased it.
Preparing your Moto X Play Phone:
- USB drivers for Moto X Play phone should be installed on your device.
- Battery should be fully charged.
- Backup all important data.
- USB debugging mode should be enabled. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Procedure to Un-root Moto X Play phone:
- Download the official Moto X Play stock ROM.
- Download the Fastboot file from here.
- Extract the files on desktop of your computer.
- Reboot the Moto X Play to download mode.
- Reboot the device into bootloader mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power keys.
- Connect the device to the computer with USB cable.
- On desktop open command prompt window, hold the Shift key and right-click the mouse then select Open Command prompt here.
- Enter the following commands, press enter after each command:
fastboot oem lock begin fastboot flash partition gpt.bin fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img fastboot flash logo logo.bin fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7 fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin fastboot erase modemst1 fastboot erase modemst2 fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn fastboot erase cache fastboot erase userdata fastboot oem lock
- Reboot he device by giving command:
That is it your device is now un-rooted and you no longer have Root access, so you can not install any app that requires Root permission.