Official CyanogenMod’s CM13 is now available for Android One device Sprout 4. So, the users can now get the ROM from the official website of CyanogenMod or they can also download it from the link provided in the description below.
As we know that Android One device were launched to get the latest Android updates from Google and custom ROM developers. So, now the official support coming from the famous after market developers CyanogenMod, you can expect more umber of stable Nihgtly builds coming out for this devices. At present there are no nightly build available but you can keep visiting the site for the updates.
For now we have CM 13 build for updating your device to latest Android Marshmallow. So, if you want to update your device with ROM then you can follow the directions to install given below.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are strictly for Android One Sprout 4 device, so do not try it on any other device or you may brick your device.
- Install Sprout 4 USB drivers on your computer.
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%.
- Back up all the required data to some safe storage.
- Make a nandroid back up of the current ROM.
- Unlock the device bootloader.
- Device must be rooted and custom recovery like TWRP or CWM must be installed on your device.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Install CM13 Android Marshmallow based ROM on Android One devices
- Download the CyanogenMod CM13 build from here.
- Download the Google App’s for Android Marshmallow from here.
- Connect the device to computer and transfer both the files to your device storage.
- Disconnect the device and turn it off.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Down + Power key for few seconds.
- In recovery mode tap on Wipe tab and select all the options given.
- Confirm the wipe action by swiping the button.
- Now, return to main menu and tap on Install tab.
- Locate the ROM file and flash it by swiping the button at the bottom to flash the ROM file on your device.
- In the same way flash the Google App’s on your device (step 8-9).
- Return to main menu and tap on Reboot.
That’s all you can now check the device Android version in Settings > About device > Android version.
Thank you for reading the article.