Process on how to update Android One phone to Android 5.1 Lollipop using CyanogeMod 12.1 custom firmware.
Although Android One smartphone are meant for promised firmware update for 18 months, they are lacked back in terms of delivering the latest build. The users of Android One phone can now enjoy Android 5.1 Lollipop thanks to CyanogenMod team that they have brought CM 12.1 ROM, the custom one.
Preparing Your Phone
- Your phone should be charged to 80% battery life.
- Backup data and Settings on your device.
- Make sure that USB Drivers are installed on your PC.
- Please enable USB Debugging on your device. Go to Settings > Developer Options.
- Ensure that your device is rooted with CWM recovery and its bootloader unlocked.
Android 5.1 on Android One
Follow the process mentioned below –
- Download both CM 12.1 ROM for Android One and Google Apps package.
- Move the package files to root folder on your phone’s SD card.
- Reboot your device into recovery mode.
- Please Power off your device first.
- Now press the Volume Up and Power button together at once.
- Press the Volume Up button and highlight Recovery option.
- In the Recovery Mode option Perform Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Now hit Wipe Cache and Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Return to Recovery menu and then choose Install ZIP from SD card and then select the CM 12.1 ROM file.
- Confirm the action to install the ROM.
- Repeat process for GApps too.
- Now from the Recovery mode menu hit Reboot > System to restart device.