Asus Transformer Pad TF300T can now be updated to Android Lollipop 5.1.1 all credits to CM 12.1 Nightly custom ROM released by famous CyanogenMod Team. Yes, that only the way that material design on this Transformer Pad TF300T is possible. Officially there might not be any update but this is nothing less than the official release with minimum or zero bugs on your device.
Transformer Pad TF300T Lollipop Update
This custom ROM will not only come with stock Android feature and AOSP but it will also have additional features like tweaks, performance boosts, theme engines and much more. In addition to this you will have a new build every day with lots of improvements . This build will be available through Over the Air update.
So, if you wish to give a try to these Android Lollipop 5.1.1 based CM 12.1 Nightly Custom ROM you need to follow this simple steps.
Preparing Your Phone
- This instructions are only for Asus Transformer Pad TF300T, do not try on any other devices.
- Custom recovery tool like CWM or TWRP should be installed on your device.
- Your phone’s battery should be fully charged.
- Install the USB drivers on Computer (If installed already it is not necessary to install it again).
- Enable USB debugging mode on your phone. It can be done through Settings > Developer Options > USB debugging.
Asus Transformer Pad TF300T Lollipop Update
To install the firmware follow this simple steps carefully –
- Download CM 12.1 Nightly Custom ROM from here.
- Download Google apps file from here.
- Connect the Phone to computer through USB cable.
- Copy the Zip files to Phone storage without extracting.
- Switch off the phone and reboot into recovery mode (This can be done by tapping continuously Volume Up and Power keys together for few seconds.
- Backup your data by performing Backup and Restore option in recovery mode.
- Now, perform a full data wipe out choosing Wipe Data/Factory Reset option (you can use Power button to select and Volume keys to navigate through options available).
- Perform cache Wipe by selecting Wipe cache Partition.
- Go to Advanced options and select Dalvik cache wipe.
- Go back to main recovery screen and choose Install Zip from SD card.
- Select the file (CM 12.1 zip) that you copied to your phone memory before starting installation.
- Repeat the step 10 and 11 to copy Google apps file.After completing the installation click on “+++++GoBack+++++” and select Reboot System Now from recovery menu.
- Phone will now reboot.
Your device will now be running on Android Lollipop 5.1.1, to verify it go to Setting > About Phone.
NOTE: First boot might take several minutes.