Verizon has lately updated Samsung Galaxy Note 2 I605 Android phone with JellyBean 4.1.2 version and it comes with a considerable number of features included apart from several bugs fixes. Verizon also provided the Complete Changelog and this update includes important features like Multi View, Samsung Smart Switch application and many more.
This update is been delivered via Over the Air update and also via Samsung KIES. If you are facing problems in updating your device by those two methods, you can update it manually as well.
Note: This firmware update doesn’t require rooting access on your phone and it also doesn’t void warranty in any manner. So are you ready to update? Before updating you should follow this mandatory pre-requisite.
Preparing Your Phone
- All the data on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605 should be backed up so that you have nothing to lose. You can make use of Super Backup tool or Samsung KIES or any specific app that you follow earlier.
- You should enabled USB debugging on your phone, this can be done by going through “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and check it.
- Your phone should have atleast 50% battery life left on your device.
- You should have proper USB Drivers Installed on your PC for safe connection.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions carefully to successfully update your device. We will not be held responsible for not following the actual instructions.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 I605 Firmware Update Procedure
Here is how you can update your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean built –
- Download VRAMC3 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Package and the Odin flashing tool to your PC.
- Open the Odin tool and install it on your PC.
- You will also need to extract the download firmware package file too but it’s use will come in second half part.
- Turn off your Galaxy Note 2 so that it can be entered in Download Mode.
- It can be done by holding and pressing the Volume Down Key + Menu button and then power button altogether at once. Hold it until you see a green robot on your phone screen.
- Connect your phone using the USB cable to PC. As soon as you connect your will see that ID:COM port turns Yellow/Green. This means that USB Drivers are loaded perfectly and you are ready to have a go to next step.
- In the extracted firmware package file, if you see just a single file then in the Odin click on PDA and select the same file. No “Start” the procedure of firmware update.
- However if you see multiple files then click on PDA to select the .tar file from the extracted files, in the Phone tab select the file which contains “modem” name in it and then in the CSC tap select the file which has “csc” word in it.
- In the options select “F Reset Time” & “Auto Reboot”.
- Once all the files are selected then click on “Start” to start the procedure of firmware update.
- Once the firmware update is completed you will get notification on ODIN tool and your Galaxy Note 2 phone will be restarted automatically.
- As soon as you see the Language preferences on your Home screen, you need to disconnect the device from your PC and enjoy using the latest firmware on your device.
That complete the update procedure on you device.