Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 and S I9000 users will now get to taste the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop version, with due credit to the release of OmniROM the famous third party Android Developer.
Galaxy A2 Android Lollipop 5.1 Update
OmniROM has all the features taken from Android 5.1 Lollipop with material design and it’s the best Android customs ROM’s, which makes the Galaxy S2 and Galaxy S experience as in Nexus Devices once installed.
Here are the steps to install the Android 5.1 based OmniROM in your very own ageing Galaxy S2 I9100 and S I9000 to make the device breathe in a new life.
Preparing Your Phone
- Instructions are only for S I9100 and S I9000 Model numbers and will not work for any other smartphone not even Galaxy S3 or Galaxy S2 HD.
- Phone’s battery should be charged to full.
- Backup useful stuff before beginning.
- You should have proper USB driver installed on computer.
- The device should be rooted and CWM recovery should be installed with bootloader unlocked, if any.
- USB debugging should be Enabled. Go to Settings > Development Options.
Galaxy S2 Android 5.1 Lollipop Update
Follow the process mentioned below –
- Download the OmniROM file on Computer from the link above for the respective handset.
- Connect the phone to Computer using USB cable.
- Copy the file to SD card on phone.
- Shut down the phone and disconnect the USB.
- Boot the device in recovery mode. This can be done by press and hold Volume up, Home and Power button.
- You will be through CWM Recovery Menu.
- Perform full data wipe by clicking Wipe Data/Factory Reset, then perform Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik cache (You can find this in advance options.) wait till the process completes.
- Return to main recovery menu, and select Install zip from SD card and then Choose ZIP from SD card.
- After choosing the file, Confirm ROM installation and the process will start.
- Repeat steps 8 and 9 for Google apps.
- Once the installation completes hit “+++++Go Back+++++” and reboot the system in recovery menu.
- Now hit “Reboot System Now” to boot your device normally.
NOTE: Use volume keys to navigate and home button to select while in recovery mode.
First reboot will take several minutes to complete and once that is done, you can enjoy the Android 5.1 Lollipop on Galaxy S2 and Galaxy S phone too. You can check the firmware version in About Phone Option.