Official nightlies of CM13 have arrived for the Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195. The new CM13 is based on the latest Android version Android 6.0 Marshmallow. As we know that Samsung has stopped updating software on Galaxy S4 Mini after Android 4.4.2 KitKat, you just need to rely on custom ROM.
All thanks to Android developers who have now rolled out CyanogenMod’s CM13 Nightly build for updating Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini to latest Android Marshmallow. This ROM has brought in with features like visually tweaked UI experience with updated Theme engine which gives the users a perfect taste of the latest Android Marshmallow.
This update can be downloaded at CyanogenMod official website or you can get the same from the link given in the description and then follow the steps mentioned below to flash it on your Galaxy S4 Mini device. Android Marshmallow also comes with many performance improving optimizations and some battery improving changes.
So, let us now go ahead and learn have to flash this CM13 custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are meant for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 only, do not try it on other devices.
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%
- Install S4 Mini USB drivers on your PC.
- Back up all the necessary data to external storage restore it later.
- Make a Nandroid back up of the current ROM.
- Device should be rooted and it’s bootloader must be unlocked.
- Custom Recovery like TWRP should be installed on the device.
- Enable USB debugging mode. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Download and Update Galaxy S4 Mini to Android Marshmallow
- Download the Android Marshmallow based CM13 custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 from here.
- Download the Google App’s from here.
- Transfer the files to device storage and turn it off.Disconnect the device and turn it off completely.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Down + Power key for few seconds.
- When in recovery mode tap on Wipe tab and select all the options given under it.
- Now, confirm the wipe action by swiping the button at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, return to main menu and tap on Install tab.
- Locate the ROM file stored on you device and select it.
- Swipe the button at the bottom to flash the ROM file on your device.
- In the same way flash the Google App’s on your device (step 7-9).
- Return to main menu and tap on Reboot.
- System will now reboot in normal mode.
That’s all, device is now updated to the latest Android Marshmallow, you can check the Android version in Settings > About device > Android version.