OmniROM based Android 5.1 Lollipop for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 is here. So, get ready users to update your Samsung Tab 2 to all new Android 5.1 Lollipop with due credits to OmniROM team to bring this Custom ROM for updating the Android version of your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 to Android 5.1 Lollipop. This Android Custom ROM has the features of the original Android 5.1 Lollipop released by Google/Samsung. As you do not have the update for the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop available at present, this Custom ROM is worth giving a try.
So those who wish to update their existing Android to Latest Android 5.1 Lollipop though OmniROM Custom ROM, here are the steps you need to follow.
Preparing your device
- This instruction are only for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100.
- Install the recovery tool like CWM or TWRP if not available on your device.
- Device should be rooted and its bootloader should be unlocked.
- Install the USB drivers for the device on computer
- Device should be fully charged.
- Backup the important data before starting.
- USB debugging should be enable (settings > Developer options > USB debugging).
Android 5.1 Lollipop Update for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100
Steps to followed for installation of Custom ROM and Google App’s
- Download the Android 5.1 Lollipop For Samsung Tab 2 7.0 P3100 here.
- Download the Google app’s here.
- Transfer the downloaded files to device storage.
- Disconnect the device and reboot into recovery mode (Use Volume Up, Home button and Power button together)
- Backup the data using Backup/Restore option.
- Perform full system Wipe using Wipe data/Factory reset.
- Now perform wipe Cache and Dalvik wipe in recovery menu one at a time .
- Return to recovery menu and select Install Zip from SD card.
- Now select Choose the Zip file (ROM) and flash it.
- Repeat the step 9 for installing Google App’s
- Return to main recovery menu and choose Reboot system now.
- Wait till reboot is done.
NOTE: Use volume keys to navigate and home button to select an option in recovery menu.
Your device is now running the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop Custom OS.