Guide on how to update Huawei Ascend Mate 2 4G to CyanogenMod12 based custom Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM/Firmware.
Nightly build of CM13 custom ROM from famous CyanogenMod is now available for Huawei Ascend Mate 2 4G. This nightly ROM will update the device to latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow. This is unofficial way of updating the device bu it has all the features of official Android AOSP.
As we said it is unofficial way, once you flash the custom ROM on your device your device warranty will void. To flash this ROM on your device you need to have root access with CWM or TWRP custom recovery installed on your device. If you do not have this features then you first need to get it right away, then you can go ahead and flash the ROM.
Now, that if you have got the device rooted with CWM or TWRP custom recovery installed on it you can follow the steps mentioned below to download and flash the ROM on your device without any errors.
Preparing your Phone:
- Instructions limited for Huawei Ascend Mate 2 4G only.
- Phone should be rooted and its boot loader must be unlocked.
- It should have a custom recovery tool like CWM or TWRP installed on it.
- It's battery should be fully charged to avoid problems during the process.
- Phone data and current ROM (Nandroid back up) must be backed-up to retrieve it in future.
- Phone's USB drivers must be installed on the computer.
- USB debugging mode should be enabled on the Phone (Settings > Developer options > USB debugging).
Installing Android 6.0 Marshmallow CM13 Nightly Custom ROM
- Download the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow based CM13 custom ROM from here.
- Download the Google App's if not available along with ROM, from here.
- Connect the device to computer and transfer the downloaded files to phone's internal storage.
- Switch off the device and reboot into Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume down button and power button.
- Your device will enter into boot-loader mode and select recovery mode by scrolling down and press power button.
- After entering into recovery mode, first perform a full data backup by selecting Backup and Restore option in the menu.
- Now perform a full data wipe by choosing Wipe data/Factory reset option from the menu.
- Similarly perform Wipe cache partition and Dalvik cache wipe (Advanced option) one after another by selecting respective options.
- Now return to main recovery menu and select Install Zip from sdcard from the menu.
- Choose the file from the internal storage and flash it.
- Repeat the step 9 for selecting Google App's file and flash it.
- After flashing both the files return to recovery menu and select Reboot system now option.
Note: Images shown are from CWM recovery.
Your phone will now boot and it will be operating on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, to check the status go to Settings > About Phone > Android Version.