Micromax Canvas 4 A210 is the upgraded version of Micromax A116 phone both launched this year. While Canvas 4 introduces Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean to Micromax powered Android phones, the famous Canvas HD is still to be updated to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean version. You should wait no longer for official update as the manual update has arrived.
Given in this is the procedure on how you can update Micromax A116 Canvas HD phone to Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean version basically the Canvas 4 ROM. With this update you will have features like M Unlock (Blow Air to Unlock), 99 shots in one click and other top features of Micromax Canvas 4 A210.
Features & Enhancements
This update includes following improvements –
- M! Security & M! Power app
- Brings Android 4.2.1 Jellybean OS version
- Blow to Unlock app
- Shake to Unlock app
- Smart Pause feature
- New Camera features
- Multi Angle View Shot
- Vertical Panorama
- 99 shots in one burst shot
- Video Player can be pinned
- Preview another video without pausing current video
- Swipe control in video player
- Micromax Multiwindows
- Answer call by bringing the phone to your ear
- Call the contact by bringing the phone to your ear
- Flip phone to silent the call
- Micromax Music Hub
- You should have CWM installed on your Micromax A116 Canvas HD phone.
- Furthermore, Micromax A116 phone should be rooted.
- You should charge your phone to 100 % battery life and then proceed with upgrade mentioned here.
- USB Debugging should be enabled on your phone.
Update Micromax A116 to Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean
Follow the procedure here to upgrade your device –
- Download Micromax A116 Canvas 4 ROM Package File to your PC.
- After you have downloaded it, transfer it to your Phone’s SD card.
- Now boot your Micromax A116 Canvas HD in CWM. You can use the Quick Boot app to do it quickly.
- In CWM it is suggested that you take a backup of your current system firmware. Go to backups & restore > backup.
- After you have backed up go to CWM Menu and now choose Wipe data/factory reset.
- Now go to Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Go to Mounts & Storage > Format System.
- Now go to Install ZIP from SD card and choose the ROM ZIP which is in your phone storage.
- It will take less than 5 minutes time to flash your device with the latest firmware. Let the process complete.
- After the process is complete you can now reboot the device by selecting Reboot system now.
- Your phone will reboot and it will take a while for the settings to take place since you are on a new Canvas 4 ROM.
Do let us know if you face any issues during the update procedure.