Update your Micromax A89 Ninja smartphone with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean custom firmware. Check the update guide and instructions.
Your Micromax A89 Ninja phone deserves Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update because it has same configuration as that of popular Canvas A110 phone, only lacks 8 mega pixel camera and 4 inch screen instead of 5 inch. Also our praise for A89 Ninja phone is never ending because it’s among the best dual core phones available in India at budget price range.
The beautiful looking Ninja phone can be now updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean firmware version. Although this is a custom firmware guide, its based on stock V3 ROM available for A116 Canvas HD phone. A number of features are includes in this update, it includes OTA update option, iPhone keyboard, increased battery life and Xperia like themes.
Improvements & Enhancements Changelog
The following are the improvements included in this update –
- Based On Stock Rom V3
- Xperia Themed
- OTA Enable
- iPhone Keyboard
- Added New Ringtones
- Fast GPS
- Not Heat More
- Zip aligned
- Added Bravia Engine
- Added Awesome beats
- Supper Smooth scrolling mod
- Awesome Lock screen
- Cool Status bar
- Modified settings app
- My Own 3D Boot animation
- Added init.d tweaks Support
- Added lot of tweaks
- Performance tweaks
- Battery tweaks
- Jelly Bean Camera And Gallery
- Remove Boot sound
- Smooth touchscreen tweaks
- Increased battery backup
- Added build.prop tweaks
- Added init.d tweaks
- 1% battery mod
- Support Ext2
- Patched Services.jar for Full multitasking and
- More battery backup
So with so many features includes, why not update your A89 Ninja running Android 4.0.4 with 4.1 Jelly Bean and breathe a new life to the device? Here we have mentioned the firmware update guide but before that follow the pre-upgrade requirements over here.
- You should fully charge your Micromax A89 Ninja phone.
- USB Debugging should be enabled on your phone. Go to Settings > About Phone > Development > USB debugging and enable it.
- You should have CWM Recovery Mode installed on your phone, which indeed might require root access.
- This process only works for A89 Ninja phone only.
Note: Please proceed to update, keeping in mind that we are not responsible for outcome.
Micromax A89 Ninja 4.1 Jelly Bean Update
Follow the procedure here correctly –
- First Download Xtreme-Mod_4/4.1.zip files to your PC.
- Connect your phone using the USB Cable or move the file to your SDcard by any means that available.
- Go to CWM Recovery by Press and hold Volume Up + Power Button.
- Now in the recovery mode aka CWM Recovery Menu, select “Wipe Factory/Data Reset“.
- Now its time to Format System (Select Mounts And Storage> Scroll Down > Format System).
- Format Dalvik Cache by going through Advanced >Dalvik Cache from the CWM Menu.
- After Wiping and Formating work, Go back CWM recovery menu and choose “Install .zip from SDcard“
- Now choose the downloaded zip file.
- Reboot your phone by selecting “Reboot System Now“