Every one must be aware of the news that google has released Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Nexus 5, 6, 7, Nexus 9 users but those who are using Nexus 4 can not update their phone to latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
But Android developers like vocoderism and Aldrin Holmes have worked hard and developed a custom ROM of Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Nexus 4 users.
So if you are one of the Nexus 4 user and if you wish to install this custom ROM, we request you to follow this steps carefully without any mistakes.
Preparing your phone:
- Phone should be fully charged.
- USB drivers and ADB & Fastboot drivers for Nexus 4 must be installed on PC.
- TWRP recovery tool must be installed on the device and its bootloader must be unlocked.
- Device must be Rooted.
- Back Up all the important data to some external storage.
- Enable USB debugging on the device.
Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow Custom ROM on Nexus 4:
- Download the Vocoderism's ROM and Vocoderism's suggested GApps from here.
- Download the Holmes' ROM and Holmes' suggested GApps from here.
- Boot the device into Recovery mode turn off the phone and boot it while holding down the volume up, volume down and power button at the same time.
- Perform Wipe operation firstly to wipe out entire data.
- Now perform Install operation and select the ROM file that you have downloaded and flash it.
- Now in the same way flash the Gapp's file.
- After the completion of the process Reboot the device using Reboot options.
Enjoy the new Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your LG Nexus 4.