Got an Oppo Find 7 phone, then update it to Android Marshmallow through custom ROM developed by famous aftermarket ROM developers CyanogenMod. This CM13 Nightly custom ROM from CyanogenMod has got all the Android Marshmallow features and it's AOSP.
But to flash the ROM on your device you have to root it first and install a custom recovery on it like TWRP. Once you install TWRP recovery you can flash any custom packages and mods. You void your device warranty as you root the device, as rooting is not official. So, if you agree with this, here we have the simple procedure to flash the ROM on your Oppo Find 7.
This custom ROM will provide you with many advanced options and features not present in the official firmware update from Google.
So, to flash the ROM just follow these steps mentioned below carefully.
Preparing Your phone
- This information is only for the Oppo Find 7 and do not try it on another device or you will brick the device.
- The Phone should be fully charged to avoid interruptions.
- Backup all the important data to some external medium.
- USB drivers for your device must be installed on the computer.
- Make Nandroid back up of the current ROM to restore it in case anything goes wrong in the future.
- The Device should be rooted and its boot-loader must be unlocked.
- Custom recovery tool like TWRP must be installed on the device.
- USB debugging must be enabled on the device. Go to Settings > Developer Options > USB debugging mode > Enable it.
Install Custom ROM based Android Marshmallow on Oppo Find 7
- Download the CM13 Nightly build - Android 6.0 Marshmallow from here.
- Download Google apps for Android Marshmallow.
- Transfer both the downloaded files to the device internal storage.
- Switch off the device and reboot it into Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power key for a few seconds.
- Backup the data and also make Nandroid back up in the TWRP recovery under Back up options.
- Wipe all the data present in device by selecting Wipe Data/Factory reset option in the recovery menu.
- Select the options on the next screen and swipe the button to confirm the action.
- Now select install option from the menu and navigate to Custom ROM file and select it.
- Swipe the bottom of the screen after selecting the file to flash it.
- Now similarly flash the GApps file.
- Reboot the device by selecting the Reboot option from the menu.
Your device will now be updated to Android Marshmallow, to check the status go to Settings > About device.