The Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 is the smartphone not included in the Android 4.0 and higher updates officially by Samsung. So how would you taste Android higher version on Galaxy S? Thanks to custom firmware are that you can do it. After the official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware for Galaxy Nexus phone, it’s time for Galaxy S GT I9000 to get updated as well. This firmware comes out with the latest features ranging from the new camera settings and important of all, you get fresh user interface. This update also comes up with bug fixes and let us tells you that this firmware is not official one and also not released by Samsung.
You can actually check what improvements seen on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware.
Before updating your device you need to ensure the following requirements –
- Backup of your phone is necessary, do it in the way you have earlier.
- Enable USB debugging. Go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- Also ensure that you have more than 50 % battery life left on your device so that you don’t run out of battery while updating your device. We advice to charge it up to 100 %.
- Ensure that your phone is rooted on the current firmware that you have.
Galaxy S Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update Guide
Assuming that you have followed the above requirements, we are now ready to update your device to the latest Android version.
- Download the Android JB 4.2.2 Firmware package & also the Google Apps Package on to your computer.
- Now connect your phone using the USB cable to the PC and transfer the two downloaded files to your device. Don’t modify the files, copy the complete zip files.
- Disconnect Galaxy S now and you need to enter your phone in the Recovery Mode. It can be done by pressing the Volume Up Key + Menu Button and Power button altogether. Alternatively if you have ROM Manager app then enter the device in Recovery mode.
- In the Recovery mode you need to clear off the Cache and also Wipe the Data by selecting the appropriated options easily understandable once you are in the Recovery mode.
- Now in the Recovery mode itself you need to select “Install Zip from SD card” and then select Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Firmware package which you have downloaded earlier.
- Also repeat the last step for Google Apps Package as well.
- Once that is done you will see the message “Install from SD card Completed” on your phone display. Now hit “Go Back” and then select “reboot system now” to get your phone in the normal mode and see the new Android 4.2.2 live on your phone.
So with that we have updated your Galaxy S GT I9000 smartphone with latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean version in town.