Never expected update for the very old device Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus GT-S7582. Yes, the users of Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus will be happy to here that they can now update their device to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow which is the latest update for any Android device.
Trend Plus users must be lucky to hear this news, as the device has not even got Android Lollipop update and it’s about to get Android Marshmallow. We know that this is an unofficial update through custom ROM. But it is totally worth trying as this device is never going to taste Android Marshmallows officially.
So, the users who are excited to flash this custom ROM from the famous CyanogenMod will first have to root their device and install custom recovery on it. Then you can proceed towards the procedure. Make sure to back up every thing including the current ROM through Nandroid back up to restore it if anything goes wrong in future.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are only for Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus GT-S7582 device, do not try it on other device or you may brick your device. .
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%.
- Backup all the important data to some external storage.
- USB drivers for device should be installed on the PC.
- Make a Nandroid backup of the current ROM in case you wish to restore it.
- Device should be rooted and its bootloader must be unlocked.
- USB debugging mode should be enabled. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Install Marshmallow CM13 Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus
- Download Android Marshmallow based CM13 custom ROM from here.
- Download Android Marshmallow Open Google App’s from here (If needed).
- Connect the phone to computer and transfer the ROM and Google App’s file to your device internal storage.
- Disconnect the device and turn it off completely.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Down + Power key for few seconds.
- When in recovery mode tap on Wipe tab and select the options you like to wipe.
- Now, confirm the wipe action by swiping the button on the screen.
- Now, return to main menu and tap on Install tab then navigate to ROM file stored in your internal storage of your device and select it.
- Swipe the button at the bottom to flash the ROM file on your device.
- In the same way flash the Google App’s on your device (step 8-9).
- Return to main menu and tap on Reboot.
That’s all you can now check the device Android version in Settings > About device > Android version.