Samsung Galaxy Axiom available via US Cellular is the Galaxy S3 Mini in United States. Its quite surprising to see that Galaxy S3 Mini hasn’t reached many parts of the world still although there are early debut back fence talk of Galaxy S4 Mini. Well that’s not our interest here, as the focus is on Galaxy Axiom Jelly Bean update.
US Cellular has delivered Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update to Samsung Galaxy Axiom which is a altogether a new software version. Interestingly US Cellular has provided change-log which lets users know what would be new for them going through the latest software version available. This update right now are available via Over the Air update and updated base band version will be R830VXBMB2.
Samsung Galaxy Axiom Android 4.1 Jelly Bean comes with following improvements –
- Google Now integration brings you the right notification at right time
- The camera app has been updated which now lets you swipe on the viewfinder to directly jump into gallery for easy viewing and also sharing
- Smart App updates will allow you to only download the changed portions of updated applications rather than downloading the entire app every time updates rolls out.
- There is updated keyboard with better dictionary and improved text to speech functions. It also supportes offline text to speech as well.
- Project Butter integration provides smooth, lighter Android version.
How to Update
This update as said earlier is available for download via Over the Air update and you should connect your phone to WiFi and should have a registered Google account as well. Also important you should have sufficient battery life left on your device so that you don’t run out of battery during the process of updating.
Once ready follow the process below –
- Go to Settings and then tap on About Device.
- Now navigate to Software update and then hit Check Now.
- Once you are connected to Servers, you will get a pop-up notification about update availability. Tap on Download and once downloaded tap on Install button.
- Your phone will be automatically restarted when the update are applied to your device.
Go to Settings > About Phone and check for the Android version.