Verizon Galaxy S4 is now updated to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop as the LRX22C update is now been rolled out officially.
AT&T delivered Android 5.0.1 Lollipop update to Galaxy S4 earlier this month and the same update is now been rolled out to Verizon Galaxy S4. This new update brings material design to the phone with LRX22C as the software build version.
The update has been rolled out via Over the Air download and you might have received the update notification on your device. If you however doesn’t see any such update notification then check for Settings > About Phone > Software Update > Check for Updates.
Improvements & Enhancements Included
- Android Lollipop brings the all-new material design offering fluid animations, vivid colored-themes, and 3-D views for a more pleasurable experience
- Easy access to your Chrome tabs right from the Recent apps page.
- Multi-window icons for ease-of-use during multi-tasking.
- Now uses the parallax scrolling effect for easier access.
- The container will now have an optional folder-based UI.
- The user interaction is reduced and the UI is simpler, so it consumes less memory.
- Users who prefer the conventional KNOX UI (launcher base) can choose to use this option in the KNOX settings.
- Floating action buttons provide easy access to the app’s most important features, such as adding a new contact or favorite, or composing a text message.
- The shortcuts for both Phone and Camera are provided for convenience
- Material design-inspired notifications
- Ability to set priority and privacy for notifications on lock screen
- Provide music control as a card to utilize the real estate of the lock screen UI
- Bolder color and more fluid animations
- The on/off toggle button style updated based on material design
This however happens to be phase wise rollout.
Via: Verizon Wireless