Verizon Motorola Droid 4 XT894 owner can now experience the new custom ROM developed by the famous after market developers CyanogenMod. This CM13 Nightly build of the ROM will update the device to latest Android Marshmallow. It has the features of the official update and its AOSP.
This update can be downloaded at CyanogenMod official website and then follow the steps mentioned below to flash it on your Motorola device. This ROM has been designed for the experience of Android Marshmallow on your device. The ROM is in the initial stage of development so it is not advisable to flash the ROM for daily use.
It is necessary that you have root access on your device and also have custom recovery installed on the device, as you can only flash this custom ROM if you have this features.
Moving ahead we have the procedure and some preparations that you must have done before you begin with the procedure.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are strictly for Verizon Motorola Droid 4 XT894 mobile phone, so do not try it on any other device or you may brick your device.
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%.
- Install Motorola Droid 4 USB drivers on your computer.
- Back up all the required data to some safe storage.
- Make a Nandroid back up of the current ROM so that you can restore it when required.
- Make sure the device bootloader is unlocked.
- Root your device and install custom recovery on it if not done already.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Install CyanogenMod CM13 Nightly ROM
- Download the CyanogenMod CM13 Nightly Android Marshmallow build from here.
- Download the Google App's for Android Marshmallow from here.
- Connect the device to computer and transfer the ROM file and Google App's file to your device storage.
- Disconnect the device and turn it off completely.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Down + Power key for few seconds.
- When in recovery mode tap on Wipe tab and select all the options given under it.
- Now, confirm the wipe action by swiping the button at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, return to main menu and tap on Install tab.
- Locate the ROM file stored on you device and select it.
- Swipe the button at the bottom to flash the ROM file on your device.
- In the same way flash the Google App's on your device (step 8-10).
- Return to main menu and tap on Reboot.
- System will now reboot in normal mode.
That's all you can now check the device Android version in Settings > About device > Android version.