Verizon Motorola Droid Razr XT912 users have good news for the software update of your device. As we know there are many Android enthusiast who always keep looking for new stuff from the developers and here's the one for the Motorola Droid Razr XT9120 users. New cyanogenMod's CM13 Nightly custom ROM is now available for the device to update it to the new and latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
So, all the Verizon Motorola Droid Razr users can just give a try to this most trusted custom ROM from CyanogenMOD nightly release CM 13. Those who wish to have the experience of the Android 6.0 Marshmallow on their Verizon Motorola Droid Razr XT912 all they have to do is follow this simple steps.
We are sure that you must be aware of the fact that you will void the device warranty once you install custom ROM. Moreover it is necessary that you should root your device and install custom recovery on it.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are strictly limited for Verizon Motorola Droid Razr XT912 model of the device, if you try it on other device then you may brick your device.
- Device should be fully charged to avoid interruption in the process.
- Back up all the data and also make a Nandroid back up of the current ROM.
- Install USB drivers of the device on your PC.
- Device should be rooted and it's bootloader must be unlocked.
- Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP must be installed on your device.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Install Android Marshmallow Custom ROM-CM13
- Download Android 6.0 Marshmallow custom ROM file from here.
- Download Google app's for Android Marshmallow from here.
- Connect the device to PC and transfer both files to device internal storage.
- Disconnect the device and switch it off.
- Reboot the device into Recovery mode, press and hold Volume Down and Power key for few seconds.
- While in recovery tap on Wipe options and select all the options available.
- Return to main menu and tap on Install option and navigate to ROM file stored on your device.
- Select the file and flash it by using Swipe to wipe button.
- In the same way flash the Google App's file.
- Return to main menu and tap on Reboot to reboot the device into normal mode.
Note: Use Volume keys for navigation purpose and Home button to select an option in recovery mode.
Your Verizon Motorola Droid Razr will now be running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Check the status in Settings > About Phone.