WordPress the popular blogging platform is now updated to the latest WordPress 4.6 version and the team behind it has named “Pepper” in honor of jazz legend Pepper Adams. It includes major features addition and the following writing explains what’s new in the WordPress 4.6 Pepper Update and how to update.
- Streamlined updates
- Native Fonts : The Dashboard now takes advantages of your native fonts. It make it load faster.
- Inline Link Checker : Now no need of any external broken link checker plugin as this update includes built-in link checker to report you with broken links. Awesome addition
- Content Recovery : Auto save draft in WordPress has got better as browser now automatically saves content and recovering it has even got more easier.
How to Update to WordPress 4.6
The WordPress 4.6 is officially available for download from the WordPress.org.
You can follow the process mentioned below to directly update your existing WordPress install on self hosted blog –
- Go to your website admin page and login to your account.
- Now click on Dashboard > Home.
- You will see the WordPress 4.6 Update notification. It reads – WordPress 4.6 is available! Please update now.
- Click on Please Update Now.
- The Update will be automatically installed and you will be navigated to the features, change-log page.
Have you update to WordPress 4.6? If you haven’t then do it right away.