Exclusive guide on Xiaomi Mi 3 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update via Xperience Custom ROM.
It has been just a few days and we already have latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom ROM ready for Xiaomi Mi 3. This version of Android was recently released by Google for it’s Nexus device but the developers have got their hands on making custom ROM’s already.
Now the ROM is available for Xiaomi Mi 3 but in no time the ROM will be spreading to all the other devices which supports Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Let us tell you that the ROM is in in it’s initial stage of development as the official build is released recently so there will no doubt be some bugs that will be fixed in the upcoming builds.
So, if you think that you want to flash this ROM on your Xiaomi Mi 3 then it is advisable that you do not flash it for daily run. This ROM can be flashed only for experiencing the new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are strictly for Xiaomi Mi 3 mobile phone, so do not try it on any other device or you may brick your device.
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%.
- Install Xiaomi Mi 3 USB drivers on your computer.
- Back up all the required data to some safe storage.
- Make a nandroid back up of the current ROM so that you can restore it when required.
- Make sure the device bootloader is unlocked.
- Root your device and install custom recovery on it if not done already.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Custom ROM
- Download the Android 6.0.1 marshmallow custom ROM from here.
- Download the Google App’s for Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow from here.
- Connect the device to computer and transfer the ROM file and Google App’s file to your device storage.
- Disconnect the device and turn it off completely.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Down + Power key for few seconds.
- When in recovery mode tap on Wipe tab and select all the options given under it.
- Now, confirm the wipe action by swiping the button at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, return to main menu and tap on Install tab.
- Locate the ROM file stored on you device and select it.
- Swipe the button at the bottom to flash the ROM file on your device.
- In the same way flash the Google App’s on your device (step 9-10).
- Return to main menu and tap on Reboot.
- System will now reboot in normal mode.
That’s all you can now check the device Android version in Settings > About device > Android version.
Thank you for reading the article.