Yu Yutopia YU5050 users can now update their device to Android Marshmallow via CM13 Nightly build from CyanogenMod. The ROM’s brought in by CyanogenMod are no doubt best when compared to other custom ROM developers. These ROM is said to be stable, even though there may be minor bugs that may irritate you while you use some ROM functions. This bugs will be eliminated as future build are released.
So, if you own Yu Yutopia and have anxiety to experience Android Marshmallow on your device, then this is the right place and correct ROM to give a try. Once you flash this ROM on your device you will get all Android Marshmallow features and it’s AOSP. So, what are you waiting for lets us go ahead just flash this ROM right away on your Yu Yutopia YU5050.
Before you begin with actual process you need to root your device and get custom recovery installed on it so, that it will be easy to flash the ROM. Also, it must be known that once you flash the ROM your device warranty will void and if anything goes wrong, you will be the only person responsible for it.
Preparing Your phone
- This information is only for the Yu Yutopia YU5050 and do not try it on another device or you will brick the device.
- The Phone should be fully charged to avoid interruptions.
- Backup all the important data to some external medium.
- USB drivers for your device must be installed on the computer.
- Make Nandroid back up of the current ROM to restore it in case anything goes wrong in the future.
- The Device should be rooted and its boot-loader must be unlocked.
- Custom recovery tool like TWRP must be installed on the device.
- USB debugging must be enabled on the device. Go to Settings > Developer Options > USB debugging mode > Enable it.
Install Custom ROM based Android Marshmallow on Yu Yutopia YU5050
- Download the CM13 Nightly build – Android 6.0 Marshmallow from here.
- Download Google apps as it does not come inbuilt for custom ROM.
- Transfer both the downloaded files to the device internal storage.
- Switch off the device and reboot it into Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power key for a few seconds.
- Backup the data and also make Nandroid back up in the TWRP recovery under Back up options.
- Wipe all the data present in device by selecting Wipe Data/Factory reset option in the recovery menu.
- Select the options on the next screen and swipe the button to confirm the action.
- Now select install option from the menu and navigate to Custom ROM file and select it.
- Swipe the bottom of the screen after selecting the file to flash it.
- Now similarly flash the GApps file.
- Reboot the device by selecting the Reboot option from the menu.
Your device will now be updated to Android Marshmallow, to check the status go to Settings > About device.