The iOS 10.2 update is now available for qualifying iPhone, iPad and iPod models. If you haven't updated your iPhone with this latest version then I would recommend you to get this update as soon as possible. And congratulations for those iPhone owners who are currently running on iOS 10.2 update. Just like any iOS software update, the iOS 10.2 still includes bugs which maybe disturbing for users. If you find these iOS 10.2 bugs and problems troubling you, then it's better to downgrade the software version to previous stable release. In this guide checkout how you can downgrade iOS 10.2 to iOS 10.1 or even iOS 10.
Downgrade iOS 10.2
You can downgrade iOS 10.2 to following version -
- Downgrade iOS 10.2 to iOS 10.1
- Downgrade iOS 10.2 to iOS 10.1.1
- Downgrade iOS 10.2 to iOS 10.0
Before you actually begin the process, it important that you backup the data somewhere at a safe place. Once you have done that, you need to follow the process mentioned below -
- First thing you need to ensure is to turn off Find My phone. So go to Settings > iCloud > Find My Phone and ensure that its set to OFF.
- Download the IPSW file for the respective device and with the iOS version that you want to downgrade with.
- Now connect your phone to PC using USB cable and open iTunes.
- Choose the device within iTunes and go to Summary page.
- Now on Mac you will have to Press Option + click the Restore button. On Windows you will have to Shift + click the Restore button.
- Navigate and choose the downloaded IPSW file.
Once when the downgrade is completed you can restore the backup to get your files.
That's it. I hope it helps.