Creation of custom firmwares on your PC becomes much easier if you have installed the compatible version of Nokia Firmware Editor. This tool offers you the opportunity to customize and edit any specific firmware on the computer. Developed by PNHT, it will support Rofs2 and Rofs3 files.
Top features of Nokia Firmware Editor
- File Hider – This feature provides you with the facility of hiding any file in ROFS in phone or ROM. You are free to repack your firmware once you are done with hiding operation.
For this, you will have to extract ROFS2 or ROFS3 files if you are interested in hiding file type ROFS1. You should then open the File Hider where you are required to add new entry in the file name of private10207114import200039EF200039EF.skn. After doing this, you should click on the Save option and Firmware should be repacked at the last.
- SIS STUB Manager – Application Manager will provide you accessibility to SIS STUB Manager which further allows the user to remove or delete existing packages such as Open Office, Adobe Reader without any technical interruptions.
In the first step, you will have to extract re-partitioned ROFS2 file and go to Application Manager>SIS STUB Manager. You should now choose the pre-installed package to be removed and hit the ‘Delete’ option. It should be noted here that this feature greatly works with ROFS2 partitioned file only.
- Improved Search Engine – You will find much powerful syntax in the new search engine.
Steps to use Nokia Firmware Editor
- In the first step, you will have download and install Nokia Firmware Editor on your system. To download click here.
- Next, the user should locate the firmware on PC. However, if your PC does not have got any firmware, you can go to Menu>Download Firmware. Of course, you will have to enter product code of your handset for which firmware needs to be downloaded. For product code, you can type *#0000#.
- When you have downloaded or located the firmware on computer, just open it to edit.
Note: – This Nokia Firmware Editor is only compatible with Windows OS PC.