The Galaxy Note 7 and Note 7 Duos root is available but it’s limited to SM-N930F/X, Duos SM-N930FD, and Korean SM-N930K/L/S variants. These are the Exynos based model and this guide doesn’t apply to Galaxy Note 7 Snapdragon variants. So, don’t follow this if you have Snapdragon based phone.
Installing TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Note 7
Did TWRP recovery is one of the best custom recovery for Android phones and for the novice it’s very easy to understand. Using TWRP recovery on any other custom recovery you can backup and restore your data + custom ROMs repair broken files on the device and any of these edit requires root access.
- Download Odin to your computer.
- Unzip and install it.
- No download and install Samsung mobile phone drivers.
- No download .tar image from TWRP.
- Turn off your device and reboot it into download mode.
- Hold on power button volume down button and home button together at once.
- Once you’re seeing download mode warning screen press volume up button to continue.
- Now connect your phone to PC using USB cable.
- Make sure that you have unchecked Auto Reboot from options.
- Click on AP in the Odin tool and select the .tar file which you have downloaded earlier.
- Now click on Start to begin the process of root.
- Now hold Volume Down + Home + Power button to get out of Download mode and then press Volume Up button when the screen blanks.
- There will be screen saying do you want to allow system modifications. Swipe right to trigger dm-verity.
- You will be through TWRP recovery and for internal storage to work, you should go to Wipe > Format Data.
Root Galaxy Note 7
- Download SuperSU by Chainfire and also download no-verity-opt-encrypt zip file.
- Transfer both the file download to your phone storage.
- Now boot your device in the TWRP recovery.
- From the menu select Install in order to flash the SuperSU and select the SuperSU file.
- Now select Install and select the no-verity-opt-encrypt zip file.
- Now go to Reboot and select System.
Wait for your device to finish the setup.
Source : XDA
This post was last modified on April 2, 2018 6:21 PM