If you own an Android smartphone which is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset, then there is one magic that you can apply to your device. All the Qualcomm powered Android smartphones comes EDL mode i.e., Emergency Download Mode and it’s quite helpful.
EDL Mode in Qualcomm phones helps you to unlock bootloaders, unbrick device or you can even modify protected device parameters. However not all the devices support EDL mode, even though it’s Qualcomm powered.
In this guide check out how to boot the Android phone in EDL mode. XDA user emuzychenko has found a way to boot your device in the fastboot or bootloader mode.
How to Boot Android Phone in EDL Mode via ADB
Follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Setup ADB and fastboot on your Windows PC.
- Also make sure that USB debugging is enabled on your Android phone. Go to settings developer options to do it.
- Now open Command Prompt on your Windows 10 connect your device to PC via USB cable.
- Type the following command via command line on your PC.
adb reboot edl
- Authorised ADB connection.
How to Reboot to EDL Mode from Fasboot
Follow the process mentioned below:
- Download the Fastboot_EDL.zip file from this link re.
- Extract the zip file in a separate folder on your PC.
- Open the folder and double click on Reboot.bat.
- Reboot to fastboot mode by pressing the Volume Down and Power button together at once.
- Connect it to the PC over USB cable.
- Your device will reboot into EDL.
- Now fastboot your ROM.
Download Fastboot EDL v2
The Fastboot EDL v2 drivers are now available for download. You can get it from here (this link).
That’s all. Hope you are able to unbrick your Qualcomm Android phone using EDL mode.
This post was last modified on June 25, 2021 8:35 AM