Send APK, PDF Files on WhatsApp and WhatsApp Plus the widely used Instant messaging platform.
WhatsApp a property of Facebook, is one of the widely used cross-platform messaging app which killed the normal carrier based SMS system. However there are limited features available on WhatsApp and it does disappoint in many regions. Recently the company launched Free Calling facility but the areas to improvement still remains.
Send PDF Files on WhatsApp
You can send pictures, photos and videos but you can’t send APK, PDF, ZIP, PPT, APK, IPA, Notepad, XLS, Word document and any other document on WhatsApp. Officially you can’t but here is the trick to share PDF, APK and ZIP files via WhatsApp. For this you have to read carefully the below listed instructions.
Also Read - Fix WhatsApp Call Error
Until now the process was not possible on WhatsApp and people have to rely on email system for transferring the APK, PDF or other files to devices nearby. Before you actually proceed you will need to have Android device running 2.2 Froyo and higher version and also Dropbox, CloudSend app installed on your phone. Download those from Play Store.
Share APK, PDF on WhatsApp
Follow the process mentioned below to share APK or PDF files on WhatsApp Messenger –
- Open CloudSend App and you will be asked to Setup the account.
- CloudSend will further ask you to link with Dropbox account. Do it.
- The Setup is now completed and it’s a one time setup on your phone.
That was setup process. If you want to send files, follow the process mentioned below –
- Search for the files which you want to share.
- Long Press on the files and then choose Share option.
- Now select Share it with CloudSend.
- Now CloudSend will upload files to Dropbox.
- When the upload process is completed, you will get a notification along with sharing link. The process time depends on the file that you are uploading and Internet connection speed.
- Press the notification and you will see the option of “Share File Link Via” and then choose WhatsApp.
That’s how you can share PDF, APK and ZIP files via WhatsApp.