The Samsung Galaxy S2 can be now updated to Android 7.0 Nougat easily as the AICP build is now available for porting. Although this happens to be unofficial build, receiving this update is a big thing. It makes it even bigger because officially there is no software support for years old Galaxy S2.
Samsung Galaxy S2 Nougat Update
The Galaxy S2 i9100 with 4.3 inch display is an amazing phone which last got the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean officially. Launched in February 2011, this smartphone is still popular among the Samsung fans. After Android Marshmallow treatment [unofficially via different custom ROM developers], its time to treat Galaxy S2 with Android Nougat.
The CyanogenMOD based Android Ice Cold Project [AICP] Galaxy S7 custom build bringing the Android Nougat to your device is now available. This article here is credit to GreekDragon the Android developer at XDA forums.
Galaxy S2 Nougat AICP latest build: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862669598
Also download Google GApps
How to Update Galaxy S2 to Android Nougat
Follow the process mentioned below to run Galaxy S2 i9100 on Android Nougat –
- You should make sure that TWRP recovery installed on your device.
- Turn off your device and enter Galaxy S2 in to recovery mode. Press the Power Button + Home button + Volume up buttons together at once.
- You should also ensure to backup the current ROM on your device by going through Backup option.
- Wipe data, clear dalvik cache.
- Flash the Galaxy S2 Android Nougat build from the above links.
- Repeat the process to flash the GApps to your device.
Complete details on the XDA forum, the link given below.